Uncommon Tips - Why can't I rankup in CS:GO?
Want help ranking up? Want to reach Global, or simply get out of silver? Other CS:GO Tips not working?
In this Post I'll help and give you some tips that helped me achieve Supreme Master First Class (1 rank below Global Elite) solo queuing in Europe with about 1200 hours total play time. Considering most people I played against at that level had 2000+ hours, some even 6000, that's pretty good going! Not to mention the communication barriers when playing on Europe Servers.
Okay, so what does it take? Do you need to have naturally AMAZING aim to get to the high ranks?
No - I really don't think so. I know many people who had bad aim at Legendary Eagle Master (LEM) rank but were there simply because they worked well with teams, and because they had good game-sense. Surprising amount of doing well is about mindset.
You don't need to be a naturally coordinated God! I promise you!
First Let's Bust A Few Myths
- Top fragging doesn't have a large effect on the rank up process. Although it's fun to do, if that's your reasoning for why you should be ranking up, remove it immediately!
- You need to win rounds. Even if you're losing massively, any rounds you can get back is worth it. Don't just play for the win, play for every round. Don't surrender. Claw those elo rankup points back.
- You need to win games. Even if you top frag every game, and blame your teammates for the awful game, but still lose most games the chances of ranking up are slim
- Solo Queing is not a good idea. Although I mentioned I solo queued to SMFC rank, if you truly want to rankup you'll need to find a great team to play with. Solo queueing with random teammates CAN get you Global. Very possible. But it will take a lot longer, and you'll need to work on your emotional state as well (when you have bad teammates 80% of the time). If you need a team, try this site: https://teamfind.com/counter-strike/lobby
So, let's get into the tips...
1) Staying cool while playing - this is a SERIOUS one if you want to rank-up quick! If you're raging, swearing, attacking teammates then your entire team is going to break down. Even if the enemy team SUCKS they will probably win simply because they can work together well. BE THE GLUE of your team. It will help you so much - try to bond people in your team and help them calm down when they're raging at each other, if needed become the in game leader for your team and guide your team. If you have a good think about it, you'll realise that whenever you raged at your teammates in the past because they were bad, it didn't help!
The reason I got to such a high rank playing solo was because I was good at bonding teams - and if you have a mad Raging Russian in your team that doesn't speak english - then learning to simply NOT rage at him (and tell team not to as well) will seriously help! When I was in Silver I used to rage and get in arguments with Russians all the time! Then I learnt to love them for the funny acting people they are, got on with them, and even if they were angry and raging I could let it go.
My best tip for not raging is to not get too attached to your CS:GO Rank. As weird as it is, if you play serious and to just have fun, then you'll do better than 100% tryhard trying to increase rank. When I stopped playing seriously I would still be Legendary Eagle Master (LEM) rank while not even caring if I deranked! I just chilled there :)
- Don't rage - you'll play worse
- Don't rage at your team - they'll play worse
- Bond with your team - become friendly, so much so you add each other on Steam!
- A well communicating & bonded team will beat a slightly better skilled team with no coordination ANY DAY!
2) Not beating yourself up for being bottom fragger - We all have our bad days. Sometimes you'll be doing awful and not get any frags for first 5 rounds. Your team will either be understanding or get really annoyed at you. Quite a few times, when I've not got annoyed about it I gradually started playing well, and sometimes even went all the way to top fragging! It's possible - so just don't beat yourself up and get annoyed for doing badly, stay calm, know you'll do better, and you will. If that means blocking toxic teammates, do it.
3) Game Sense - This one is big - even if your aim is really good, and you top frag every game, with improper game sense you will still find it hard to rankup. You can get as many kills as you want, but if those kills are one off kills because you left your teammates to die and you died last.. then they're useless. The kills have to MATTER!
So how do you improve your game-sense?
- Watch YouTubers such as WarOwl (if you're below Master Guardian Rank), and for anyone above Master Guardian, try: VooCSGO, JoshNissan, LongBarrel, Hougougange, JasonR, BananaGaming
- Every time you die in game, think about your positioning, crosshair placement, strategy, etc. Analyse yourself - were you in the right position? Did you have your knife out at the wrong time? What could you have done better? Think about it, come to conclusions, even write a list of your mistakes to improve if you're really serious about improving quick!
- Play with higher ranking friends - if you know anyone who is a higher rank than you who plays CS:GO - try to play with them often! Ask them for tips when they're out of the round and watching you, watch how they play when you die, and generally you'll begin to pick up how they play. If course, a lot of serious friends won't play because "your rank is too low" so you might have to play with people 2-3 ranks higher than you to start, instead of Globals haha
4) Try Custom Community Deathmatch and Retake Servers. If you've never tried Community servers, definitely do it. You can practise in deathmatch similar to normal "Deathmatch" by Valve servers - although the response time (tick) if the servers is a lot better, the players a lot more skillful (better for improving yourself) and also a lot more competitive. Try typing on "deathmatch" after going to community servers to find this. I recommend finding a game with at least 5/10 players in it. If you sort the table of servers by players, that also helps.
If you haven't tried "Retake servers" then you MUST! I got to Legendary Eagle (LE) without knowing of these servers. But once I did, I improved a lot. Basically a retake server simulates retaking a bombsite. Either you are T, or CT (it keeps switching) and then you can practise defending the site, or taking back the site as a WARMUP without losing your rank, and without waiting in between rounds (since it sets it up quick not like a Casual server). To get into a retake server, once again go to community servers and search "retake" similar to the above.
So that's it for the Uncommon CS:GO Rankup Tips! I highly recommend watching the YouTuber's videos.. and maybe checking out our real CS:GO Knives? I heard they help you rankup too.. maybe..?
Also share the post with friends who need help! I see many articles and videos on how to improve at CS:GO, a lot talk about crosshair placement, spray patterns, sensitivity etc. They're all very important. Although this article is for the unknown tips. So share with friends!
Thanks for Reading,
Deluxe Knives Team